Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My mother is dying of ALS so for depression I be put on Celexa, will it comfort?

My mother is dying of ALS so for depression I be put on Celexa, will it comfort?
Celexa is an SSRI, which is a common class of drugs used for treatment of depression. There is a right chance it will abet you get through the rough times you are going to facade. If you are young (under 18) you stipulation to be monitored very closely when starting this med. Depressive symptoms and sucidal thoughts may increase within young patients for a few weeks when starting this med. Some adjectives side effects are feeling scared, restless, or unable to sit still; drowsiness, dizziness, trouble concentrating; sleep problems (insomnia); nausea, gas, upset stomach, loss of appetite; mass changes; urinating more than usual; decrease sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm; or dry or liquid mouth, yawning, or ringing in your ears.
I would tender it a try for a few months (it will take 4-8 weeks to fully affect you) If you don't similar to it, you can always stop taking it. I am sorry to hear roughly speaking your mother. Good Luck!
I am sorry to hear about the rough time you are going through. Celexa may serve, but I want to encourage you to aim support from a qualified mental health professional as medication commonly does not have adjectives of the answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment