Saturday, October 23, 2010

My 8 year aged daughter have a swallo phobia, started 1 mos ago when she almost choked .?

SHE IS 8 AND HAS LOST WEIGHT DUE TO THIS FEAR OF CHOKING AGAIN. I GIVE HER SOFT FOODS, SHE HAS ALSO STOPED EATING HER FAVORITE FOODS, WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP HER EAT AND OVERCOME THIS FEAR OF CHOKING AGAIN ? SHE A AFRAID TO SWALLOW.My 8 year aged daughter have a swallo phobia, started 1 mos ago when she almost choked .?
Show her it is okay to eat any type of food only chew it good. Also sit near her or have someone sit next to her when she eats it will sustain. My cousin had this probably when she choked so we other sat beside her and told her just to clutch her time. She will soon come over her fear.
Oh boy do I know what you are going through! My daughter be about 8 or 9 when she choked on a hotdog. It seem like it took for ever for her to attain over it. Be patient and hold on to reasureing her that what happened be a freak event and the likely hood of it up again is very small especially if she take care to chew her food etc. Good luck near things. My daughter did eventually get over her nervousness, but to this day she can not and will not swallow pills. She is very soon 20! Any medicine she get from the Dr. has to be surrounded by liquid form. We are working near her to help her over this it have been slow going, but the other year she did manage to swallow a small asprin. There is hurricane lantern at the end of the tunnal sway in near!

No comments:

Post a Comment